Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Submission for rec-music-gaffa

From: munnari!basser.cs.su.OZ.AU!gregr@uunet.uu.net
Date: 9 Jul 89 23:27:16 GMT
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: basser.oz

From: gregr@basser.oz (Greg Ryan)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: watch out for cd labelling
Date: 9 Jul 89 23:27:15 GMT

In article <8907071720.AA00160@godiva.goldhill.com>, rpk@goldhill.COM writes:

> But weren't they indeed digitally remixed ?  [referring to Beatles CDs]

You may be right when it comes to Sgt Peppers, but the earlier releases
quickly had adhesive stickers slapped on them by EMI correcting the ADD to
AAD.  I think this is borne out by the fact that some were released in
mono, although remastered (possibly digitally faked) stereo versions were
in existence.  I recall much discussion in music production magazines
when these releases were first made because of this point.

                                        Greg Ryan (gregr@cs.su.oz.au)