Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: KopyrighTs

From: Lili Velez <lv08+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 89 19:46:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: KopyrighTs

Off the top of my head, there seems to be a straightforward (although
probably not legitimate...since straightforward solutions rarely are...)
way of coping with the tape-angst people seem to be suffering these
days.  If you don't want to enrich EMI, but you want to pay proper
homage to the artist, send _her_ a check.
Better yet, a sterling draft (American checks take _forever_ to clear
over there, from my recolleKTions...).  True, it may be tacky, but it
might take some of the edge off your concerns.

Lili Fox Velez
lv08@andrew.cmu.edu
Rhetorician-at-large

"Now you might feel it should have been