Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Born in Captivity, etc.

From: Justin Bur <justin%iro.umontreal.ca@RELAY.CS.NET>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 89 16:51:46 EDT
Subject: Born in Captivity, etc.

(apologies if this has already been mentioned.)

Roy Harper's Born in Captivity is finally out on CD.
It is on Awareness Records (dist. by The Cartel, who
also distribute a lot of other British independent
labels), AWCD 1001, 10.99 at the Virgin Megastore in
London.  (That's UK pounds.  The Megastore has a mail-
order service.)  I had never heard the record before
and am quite impressed on first listening.

on the never-dying matter of Kate CD packaging:
- TKI and Lionheart are at mid-price in the UK and France,
  with no apparent decline in quality of documentation
  (just peeking through the shrinkwrap, though).
- Capitol/EMI Canada was distributing the UK edition of
  Never For Ever (disc made in W. Germany by PDO), but
  encased in Canadian don't touch me or i'll eat your
  fingers non-recyclable unbreakable non-reuseable plastic.
  They had been distributing US editions of everything else
  ever since the US editions became available (and very
  little of anything except HoL and TWS previously).  I
  think NFE has now switched to US stock, and of course
  the vile Treasury Series versions are supplanting the
  earlier US versions.
- Hounds of Love is currently being sold in Europe with
  an extra track between the two halves of the disc:
  12" version of RUTH.
- An awful lot of copies of HoL seem to have been pressed
  in Japan starting with its release in 1985.  I have seen
  the Japanese pressing with UK, US, and Japanese printed
  matter.

justin