Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: HII013%IBM.SOUTHAMPTON.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 89 16:10:54 BST

News on the Spirit Of The Forest single which features Kate. All of the
following info is taken from this weeks NME (which also includes a photo
of Kate!).  It is being released on Virgin this week with all profits being
donated to the Earth Love Fund.  It's a double A sid recorded with different
artists singing on each version of the song.  Along with Kate the following
are also on the record; LL Cool J, Iggy Pop, Debbie Harry, Donna Summer, The
Ramones, Little Steven, The B52's, Ringo Starr, Brother Beyond, Sam Brown,
Fish, Pink Floyd, XTC, Big Country, Kim Wilde, Chris Rea, Was (Not Was),
Fleetwood Mac, Thomas Dolby, Brian Wilson, Belinda Carlisle, Bonnie Raitt,
Joni Mitchell, and Olivia Newton-John.  There are more than 60 acts on the
record.

Peter Gabriels new album 'Passion - music from The Last Temptation Of
Christ' is out here now, and is highly recommended.  It's all
instrumental, apart from a few chants etc. from various people, including;
Youssou N'Dour and Peter.  Go and buy it now!   If any-one has already
bought it, what do you think of it.  And has any-one heard Passion Sources
yet?  They are both released on Pete's Real World label, or should that be
Rael World???!!!

I am trying to expand my collection of Gabriel bootlegs, so far I have the
following;

Essen Crugahalle (15.5.78)
Ain't That Peculiar (Cleveland 1977)
Werchter Festival (Belgium 3.7.83)
The Angel Gabriel (Germany, 1982 - I think), includes 'Just Another Day'
W.O.M.A.D Festival 1982
Earls Court (26.6.87)
Earls Court (28.6.87 Pt2) - I really want Pt1 to this, as Don't Give Up
                            sung with Kate is on it!
New Jersey (15.6.86)
Vienna (13.6.87)
Princes Trust '88 (Sledgehammer)
Mandela Day (Biko)
Human Rights Now! (part of Lay Your Hands On Me, In Your Eyes, and Biko'88)
and finally the Genesis/Gabriel re-union concert in Milton Keynes (2.10.88)

If any-one has any that aren't in the above list, that the would be willing
to send to me, or swop with the above, I would be very pleased to hear from
you.  And if any-one has the B'side 'Me And My Teddy Bear', I WANT to hear
from you now! (it's the only B'side that I don't have!)

For all those who can see it (ie. people in Britain!), who like Gabriel,
and who missed it last night, watch the repeat of Rapido, on Saturday
evening.  It has a feature on Pete, and the Shakin' The Tree video.  He
is also on next weeks show.  Pete will also be on Star Test (Channel 4,
18.30, Tuesdays), in the next few weeks.  And there is also an excellent
feature on him in this weeks NME.

If possible please reply to bootleg question by private email.

Mike Palmer                (hii013@uk.ac.soton.ibm)
Hides Project, Hartley Library, University Of Southampton, UK.