Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

osbKuriTies_2

From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 89 19:45:14 EDT
Subject: osbKuriTies_2

Andrew, you can count me in for the new tape, possibly for two copies (I
have to talk to a non-computerized friend about it). The only problem I
have with it is that we have to send you a SAS tape mailing envelope, inside
another larger envelope. I guess this is the easiest way for you, and
you deserve the easiest way, since you're taking care of all this, but it
just seems... funny to me to send two EMPTY big puffy envelopes inside each
other to you. Empty except for the check of couse. But as I said, I can't
see any other way, except for sending you extra money for envelopes and
postage, which of course makes life that much harder on you. Oh well, this
is best. Have you set a final date for the money to get to you?
I don't suppose there's been ANY new news on the new album, right? Last I
heard it was scheduled for November. As each month goes by and November gets
that much closer I keep expecting to hear that it's been pushed back 3 more
months. I guess no news is good news.
Back to the obsKuriTies topic, just HOW do people get their hands on these
rare demos? Steal them from record company archives? From Kate? Obviously,
Kate doesn't give them to people! Have these bootleggers had them for 14
years? Anyone know anything about this? Well, that's enough for today. Except
to say that I just bought the new 10,000 Maniacs CD and like it, although
not quite as much as _IMT_.

  -Mike

- Michael D. Fischer    |    Rivers run uphill                      -
- MFISCHER @ SBCCVM     |   On the dark side of the moon            -
- MIKE88 on DELPHI      |  Mayflies never fly                       -
- GREEN anywhere else   | In the month of June                      -
-                       |                      -- Guadalcanal Diary -