Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Win! Instantly! No Man is Roger Miller

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 89 21:25:11 EDT
Subject: Re: Win! Instantly! No Man is Roger Miller
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> [Peter Lee on Roger Miller:] My only real complaint is how
> little progression there is between this and _TBI_ - most of the
> material here could easily fit on that album.

You probably won't have to worry about this for Roger Miller's next
album because he says that he is giving up Maximum Electric Piano and
moving onto his two new projects.  The first of his new projects is
No Man, which is guitar and sampler based.  The other project is No
Man's Band and is an improvisational group featuring Roger on guitar,
Russ Smith on bass and Ken Winokur on percussion (the percussion
consists of all sorts of random metal objects).  I saw No Man's Band
about six months ago and they were quite excellent.

In late summer, an LP entitled *Damage The Enemy* will appear on New
Alliance , an SST subset label.  The record will feature one side of
No Man and one side of No Man's Band.

Saturday, July 15, will be Roger Miller night at the ICA in Boston.
He will be performing compositions for violin and piano, electric
guitar with loops, extensive sample ensembles, and so forth.

Be there or die.  Some of the above text was copied verbatum from a
flier from Roger.