Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Gilliam credit on HoL...

From: ganzer@cod.nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 89 12:01:43 PDT
Subject: Gilliam credit on HoL...

>>Speaking of which, why does KT offer a thanks to Terry Gilliam in the
>>CD insert of HoL (assuming this is the "Monty Python" Terry Gilliam)?

>The movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" contains a "witch trial" scene
>which is quite humorous (by Terry Gilliam).  I can only guess that she is
>referring to that.  btw, if you haven't seen the "Holy Grail" yet, run, don't
>walk to the nearest video rental outlet..

>Lee Hounshell

Not even close-

     Terry Gilliam is an admirer of Kate's work, and she is an admirer of
his work. Gilliam reviewed the storyboards and provided some guidence for
the Cloudbusting, and his second unit Director from the movie "Brazil"
(Julian Doyle) directed the filming of the video. If you have seen
"Brazil", you KNOW where the inspiration for Kate's cloudbuster prop came
from....

-Mark T Ganzer - who can't do this very often, but decided to provide a
               little relief for Mr. Marvick while he's in this foul mood...