Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

retention and archives...

From: @GAFFA.MIT.EDU:peter@xal (Peter Freeman)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 89 13:27:02 PDT
Subject: retention and archives...

Before bitching about my retention (as I am a part of the gaffa masses so
eloquently lambasted for having a lack thereof), pray tell me how I CAN
GET TO THE G-------D ARCHIVES!  Gaffa is an unknown host here.  I have gone
through the bloom-beacon and eddie systems and found nothing.  I have
posted about this problem BEFORE.

GIVE ME THE GAFFA NUMBER, AND I'LL NEVER BUG ANYONE AGAIN!

As I am the person who first asked about Kate raster files, I'd like to
mention that I tried finding the old articles in the archives first.  Yes,
I do have some sense, and I don't like cluttering up the net (this letter
being a definite exception).

Perhaps we should develop a form letter for all those NEW readers who NEVER
saw the various articles in question in the first place, telling them where
the old articles are and how to get them (while assuming computer illiteracy-
I'm sure I'm not the only one who just uses computers while not knowing
them intimately).  Whenever a old question comes up (like that old standard
"What does gaffa mean?"), someone can send the form letter.

** All the foregoing is predicated upon the assumption that |>oug stores all the
articles someplace, which seems a safe assumption.