Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Phase II

From: laural@cs.utexas.edu (Laura La Gassa)
Date: 24 May 89 15:45:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Phase II
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

arc!ken@apple.com (Ken Stuart) writes:
> Normally, I might refrain from flaming someone's personal tastes, but
> this bozo couldn't seem to figure out how to follow the instructions,
> and sent 208 lines to hundreds of thousands of USENET-ers.  To add
> insult to injury, while his tastes are not strictly mainstream, they
> are nevertheless *dumb*.

Ken apparantly missed the point of the list.  The originator asked us
of rec.music.gaffa to send him mail listing what groups someone who likes
Kate Bush would like.  The numbers after some of the groups were not
ratings, but rather the number of votes greater that each group/artist
got.  Those with no number only got one vote.  This list was supposed to
generate discussion about WHY a Kate Bush fan would go for group X on the
list.

Laura
laural@cs.utexas.edu