Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Phase II

From: Lazlo Nibble <cs1552ao%charon.unm.edu@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 89 19:10:48 MDT
Subject: Re: Phase II

arc!ken@apple.com (Ken Stuart) writes:
> Normally, I might refrain from flaming someone's personal tastes, but
> this bozo couldn't seem to figure out how to follow the instructions,
> and sent 208 lines to hundreds of thousands of USENET-ers.  To add
> insult to injury, while his tastes are not strictly mainstream, they
> are nevertheless *dumb*.

Ken, you're more than welcome to go fuck yourself.  Flaming someone for
doing something wildly stupid is one thing . . . flaming them for their
musical tastes just because you don't share them is obnoxious junior-
high-school peenboy behavior.  You don't like Joy Division, New Order,
Simple Minds, The Cure, and The Smiths?  Fine.  Send in your ballot
voting for FZ, Cap'n B. and the Dead instead.  If you're going to slag
people who *do* like them, at least have the balls to give some sort of
coherent reason why you don't.  (Cute little SPY-Magazine-wannabe
formulae don't cut it.)

> Why does this guy like Kate Bush?  Or does he?

Gosh, I don't know.  Why not ask him?

                                               Lazlo (cs1552ao@charon.unm.edu)
"d'you know how many Time Zones there are in the Soviet Union?  ELEVEN..."