Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I Found It!

From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 May 89 12:14:11 EDT
Subject: I Found It!

I went to a local record store to buy the new Cure CD. Out of habit, I
glance at the Kate Bush records, even though I have them all. WHAT'S THAT!?
Passing Through Air. Wow. That was unexpected. And the $30 tag on it was
even worse. Well, one thing to do. Put back the Cure and buy this. Half
the stuff on it I just got on IED's wonderful "obsKuriTies" tape, but it's
good to have it on record. Just two comments on the album:
  Hounds Of Love (alternate version) is WONDERFUL!
  Hounds Of Love (Live) doesn't sound live at all to me. Sounds like they
    played a tape of the song during the concert!
When I brought the album up to the counter, the salesman reached behind the
counter and brought out the new "Kate Bush Live" CD that IED mentioned
recently. It looked very nice, but for another $30 I wasn't interested!
He had never heard of the "Cathy Demos" record. Oh well. He probably would
have wanted $30 for it anyway! I'm just happy I have Passing Through Air.

  -Mike

- Michael D. Fischer    |    Rivers run uphill                      -
- MFISCHER @ SBCCVM     |   On the dark side of the moon            -
- MIKE88 on DELPHI      |  Mayflies never fly                       -
- GREEN anywhere else   | In the month of June                      -
-                       |                      -- Guadalcanal Diary -