Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Phase II

From: adams%sizzlean.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Jeffrey P. Adams)
Date: 17 May 89 23:25:11 GMT
Subject: Phase II
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU

Here is the list of artists people have sent me from Phase I.
If you came in late, the idea was to send me a list of artists
you like OTHER than KaTe, I would compile the following list,
and now you are requested to rate them.

---  DO NOT REPLY TO THIS UNTIL YOU READ THE FOLLOWING!  ---

1. Make sure you EMAIL your responses to ME: adams@bosco.berkeley.edu
   Depending on your news reader, "reply" may end up posting, since
   rec.music.gaffa is a moderated group.
2. DO NOT include comments about these groups with your reply.  I
   won't have time to read them and all I'm doing is making a tally.
3. Your response should contain one artist per line, followed by a
   colon and arbitrarily many spaces, and finally a number from 0
   to 10, representing how much you like that artist.  (zero means
   that you detest the artist - you would rather have several of your
   appendages ripped off than listen to them, ten means you worship
   the artist and that they can do no wrong.  I expect very few zeros
   and tens.)
4. If you are not familiar enough with the artist to pass judgment,
   PLEASE do not include a line for them in your response.  If you
   include an artist, I assume that you actually know something of
   their work.  So don't pan someone just because you have HEARD
   bad reviews of their work or because you aren't familiar with
   them.  Be fair.

At some point in the future I will post the results of the poll.  The
deadline for submitting your response is the end of May, so act now.

------------------------- List of Artists Follows: -------------------------

10,000 Maniacs:
A R Kane:
Act:
Adrian Belew:
Annabouboula:
Anne Clark:
Anne de Jarnet:
Anthony Braxton:
Art of Noise:
Ash Ra:
Balkana:
Barbara Gaskin:
Bauhaus:
Benjamin Britten:
Bhundu Boys:
Bill Nelson:
Billy Bragg:
Black:
Bonnie Raitt:
Brian Eno:
Bruce Cockburn:
Bryan Ferry:
Camper Van Beethoven:
Carmel:
Chris deBurgh:
Cindy Lee Berryhill:
Cindytalk:
Clannad:
Claude Debussy:
Cocteau Twins:
Cowboy Junkies:
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young:
Crowded House:
Cure:
Cyndi Lauper:
Dalbello:
Danielle Dax:
Dave Stewart:
David Bowie:
David Byrne:
David Sylvian:
Dead Can Dance:
Dolphin Brothers:
Dory Previn:
Dukes:
Duran Duran:
Eberhard Weber:
Echo and the Bunnymen:
Edie Brickell & New Bohemians:
Elvis Costello:
Emerson, Lake and Palmer:
Enya:
Eric Bogle:
Eurythmics:
Everything But the Girl:
Fairground Attraction:
Fetchin' Bones:
Frank Zappa:
Fripp & Eno:
Genesis:
George Crumb:
George Gershwin:
Gila:
Gipsy Kings:
Godley & Creme:
Gowan:
Graham Parker:
Grateful Dead:
Gustav Holst:
Handel:
Hawkwind:
Heaven 17:
Howard Jones:
Igor Stravinsky:
Jane Siberry:
Jane Wiedlin:
Japan:
Jean Michel-Jarre:
Joe Jackson:
Joe Satriani:
John McLaughlin:
Joni Mitchell:
Joolz Holland:
Joy Division:
Julia Fordham:
Julian Cope:
Karlheinz Stockhausen:
Katrina and the Waves:
Keith Jarrett:
Kid Creole and the Coconuts:
Killing Joke:
King Crimson:
Krszystof Penderecki:
Latin Quarter:
Laurie Anderson:
Lene Lovich:
Leonard Bernstein:
Lou Reed:
Love and Rockets:
Lucia Hwong:
M+M (Martha & The Muffins):
Mahavishnu Orchestra:
Marillion:
Mark Isham:
Mark O'Connor:
Mary Margaret O'Hara:
Maurice Ravel:
Metallica:
Michelle Shocked:
Mike Oldfield:
Ministry:
Minutemen:
Missing Persons:
Monochrome Set:
Morrisey:
Najma:
New Model Army:
New Order:
Nik Kershaw:
Nina Hagen:
Ofra Haza:
Parachute Club:
Pat Metheny Group:
Patti Smith:
Paul Hindemith:
Penguin Cafe Orchestra:
Peter Blegvad:
Peter Gabriel:
Peter Murphy:
Phil Collins:
Philip Glass:
Pink Floyd:
Prefab Sprout:
Propaganda:
Psychedelic Furs:
Ralph Vaughan Williams:
Renaissance:
Richard Thompson:
Rickie Lee Jones:
Robbie Robertson:
Robert Fripp:
Robyn Hitchcock:
Roxy Music:
Sarah McLachlan:
Scritti Politti:
Sheila Chandra:
Shona Laing:
Shriekback:
Silly Sisters:
Simple Minds:
Sinead O'Connor:
Siouxie Sioux:
Sisters of Mercy:
Skinny Puppy:
Smiths:
Sonic Youth:
Split Enz:
Stan Ridgway:
Stephen Sondheim:
Steve Reich:
Sting:
Stooges:
Strange Advance:
Stranglers:
Strawberry Switchblade:
Sugarcubes:
Suzanne Ciani:
Suzanne Vega:
Synergy:
Talk Talk:
Talking Heads:
Tangerine Dream:
Tears For Fears:
The Bears:
The Beatles:
The Dream Academy:
The Grateful Dead:
The Kinks:
The Moody Blues:
The Roches:
The Stranglers:
The Style Council:
The Sugarcubes:
The The:
The Who:
They Might Be Giants:
This Mortal Coil:
Thomas Dolby:
Throwing Muses:
Tom Waits:
Toyah:
Tracy Chapman:
Wall of Voodoo:
Warren Zevon:
Weather Report:
Wendy Carlos:
Wolfgang Press:
XTC:
Yaz:
Yes:

Jeff Adams                 "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part
adams@bosco.berkeley.edu    that wonders what the part that isn't thinking
                            isn't thinking of."   -They Might Be Giants