Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cover of a Kate Song

From: iemisi.dhc!smartin@uunet.uu.net (Stephen Martin)
Date: Fri, 12 May 89 08:36:10 EST
Subject: Cover of a Kate Song

I was listing to CFNY (an ex-alternative music station in Toronto) last night and
they played a cover of _The_Man_With_The_Child_In_His_Eyes_ done by a band called
something like _Humans_Cry_ the song was sung by a man with the words changed from
the first person to the second person so all the "I"'s were changed to "You"s and
and "my"s to "your"s etc.  I personally thought that the version sucked. Although
the piano and the music were nice.  The song is being released as a B-side of
one of this bands singles.
					Stephen

Ps: I just received my Cathy Demos tape thanks to IED for creating it and
    organising the project and thanks to Bob Thaden for copying it.