Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

originally distributed by A&M (The Go-Go's were the band I.R.S. band
then).  Don't the Copelands (Stewart of Police fame (an A&M band)) have
a major interest in I.R.S. and therefore the original distributor was
A&M.
Anyway, sometime in 1984 or 1985 (maybe later), I.R.S. switched
distribution to MCA.  This was due to the fact that the distribution
contract with A&M was up and they went looking for a better deal.

As for R.E.M. leaving, I think it was just that their contract with
I.R.S. was up and they went searching for deals.  I.R.S. put in a bid
but the R.E.M.'ers decided to go with Warner Bros.