Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Here's an answer, Andy

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 09 May 89 11:43:45 EST
Subject: Here's an answer, Andy

Hello there Andy--
  I saw your question in Love-Hounds and decided to finally contribute my
two cents' worth to Love-Hounds.
  Anyway, Kate's "The Wedding List" (as far as I can tell) is about a
young woman whose husband is shot down immediately after they are married...
(if you happen to see the video, the guy is shot down just as Kate and
her "groom" are going to kiss).  To get revenge, Kate picks up a rifle and
stalks the killer, and right after she shoots HIM, she kills herself (in
the video, she hangs herself).
  The words you refer to are these:

        And after she shot the guy
        She committed suicide
        Later when they analyzed
        They found a little one inside
        Must have been Rudy's child
        An eye for an eye

   So, not only did Kate kill herself, but she also destroyed the unborn
child that was to have been hers and Rudy's.

  Of course, I'm sure my interpretation will fall victim to IED's and
others' criticisms, but that's what happens as far as I can tell.  BTW,
this "video" I referred to is from Kate's 1980 (?) Christmas special.

  Hope this helps you somewhat.

                                     All the best,

                                           Deb Wentorf