Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

drummer on new PG

From: sco!time@ucscc.ucsc.edu
Date: Sun May 7 17:12:51 1989
Subject: drummer on new PG

I would like to see Manu Katche doing his stuff with Pg again.
He was great on the SO tour and I saw both Amnesty Int'l. concerts
here on the West Coast (L.A. & Oakland) and I was glad to see
that Manu was still with him. BThey also opened with a song at the
Oakland show with Shankar on violin, Manu on drums and percussion,
Kenny Jones on bass (remember him on Sting's first albu), and
(if I'm not mistaken) Kenny Kirkland on keyboards, that PG
introduced as "something I did for TLToC". I screamed my lungs out
when I heard that. It was great (and long too).

p.s. He did _Don't Give Up_ at the L.A. show with Tracy Chapman.
     Now I know she doesn't even come close to KB, but it still
     gave me goosebumps to hear her sing it with PG. My only
     question was why she didn't do it at the Oakland show. She
     was there playing her set and PG's song seemed to work o.k.
     in L.A..

oh well

p.s.s. Manu is also one of the drummers on the new SIMPLE MINDS album
       _Street Fighting Years_ (along with SM's drummer Mel Gaynor).

tim(justpassingby)e