Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oh no he's back

From: mcvax!inf.rl.ac.uk!nbc@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 89 11:18:17 BST
Subject: Oh no he's back

Hi, sensation seekers, it's good to be back on the Lovehounds
circuit again. Thanks to |>oug for sorting out the mailing problem
and for IED for keeping me up to date during the absence of
Lovehounds. Starting to receive the digests again was rather like
entering a time warp - discussions about Pink Floyd, King Crimson ...
I am tempted to mention Wishbone Ash (well almost).

The May edition of Q magazine (the one Juby wants to sue) has a nice
photo of Kate being groped by Nigel Kennedy (with what looks like
a tie holding up his pants) at the BPI awards. I hope this was
actually the previous years ceremony and that Kate did not have to
suffer this years disastrous evening. (Since they are now called the
BRITS awards, this may be the case).  By all accounts it was a fiasco
but what can you expect if you let Sam Fox present it! The BBC was
forced to publically apologise for broadcasting it. I believe foreign
customers were shown an edited version with some of the howlers cut
out. Anyway they might as well present next year's awards now because
we know that all the honours will go to Kate.

Be seeing you.