Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate is dead rumors

From: Stephan Greene <sg08+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 89 17:15:00 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Kate is dead rumors

> *Excerpts from ext.nn.rec.music.gaffa: 28-Mar-89 Various bits of stuff*
> *Love-Hounds-request@GAFF (1333)*
>  I was raving on about Kate as I do, and this > nasty girl made the remark
> that she'd heard Kate had ben killed in a car > accident.
I think this is all confusion on several persons parts. A singer/songwriter
named Kate Wolf did indeed die last year or so in, I believe, a helicopter
accident. Either that or she died of cancer, and this other woman named Kate,
who was with Leila and the Snakes and maybe hung out with the Tubes and other
San Francisco musicians, is the one who died in the helicopter. That would make
for two dead Kates, at least one of which has a single-syllable last name.

Anyway, to the casual listener, all these Kates are the same, so when one brings
up Kate Bush around someone like that, they may try to tell you that she died.
It happened to me once, and all this talk of these rumors reminded me of it.