Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

This is a test of the new Love-Hounds System

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 89 00:14:16 EST
Subject: This is a test of the new Love-Hounds System
Sender: nessus

Hi all you poor deprived and depraved Love-Hounds.  Sorry about the
two month lapse in Love-Hounds transmissions.  The computer (a machine
named "xx.lcs.mit.edu") that the Love-Hounds mailing list lived on was
decommissioned in January, and since then there have been no
Love-Hounds transmissions until now.  Delays have been caused by
hardware problems, software problems, and a serious lack of free time
(caused by me moving to a new abode, my girlfriend departing to
Scotland, and other miscellanea).  The mailing list now lives on my
personal workstation "gaffa.mit.edu", and we shall see how it works.
This approach has some problems.  For example, if Gaffa crashes and I
am not there, no one else will probably notice that it is down and
reboot it.  Another problem is that I have software testing to do on
occasion on Gaffa, so sometimes I may have to take the Love-Hounds
mailing list out of commission for a few days in order to do the work.
In a few weeks I will definitely have to do some mailer testing.
Until then we shall see if this mess of bailing wire and chewing gum
works....

Your humble pseudomoderator,