Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED does JCB as IOU to TIM, XYZ and ALL L-Hs.

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 89 20:08 PST
Subject: IED does JCB as IOU to TIM, XYZ and ALL L-Hs.

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)
 Subject: i tell 'em what they want to hear. they think i'm up to
          something weird, and up pops the head of fear in me. so now
          when they ring i get IED to let them in.

 >>Stick to discussing KT. If you don't like an article, try the 'n'
 >>key instead of contributing to the general degradation.
 >
 >     Quite so! The message which MS has praised as a flame was intended
 >merely as playful and humorous, not in any way as an attack against
 >IED.  TIM further adds that any competent reader of this list (save
 >perhaps the somewhat defenisve IED himself) should be well aware that
 >TIM respects and enjoys IED's postings despite, or more accurately for,
 >their idiosyncracies.
 >
 >-- Tim Maroney, Consultant, Eclectic Software, sun!hoptoad!tim

     IED is indeed overly defensive, esp. in this group. Thanks
for the explanation, TIM; IED had not caught on to the note of humor--
he's pretty slow about that angle of the Love-Hounds Experience.
     The reasons for IED's excessively defensive tone are 1.) that
he takes Kate far too seriously for his own good, and 2.) that he has
periodically provoked genuinely hostile reactions from readers in
this group for that very seriousness. IED will try to discipline
himself better to stick to the subject and avoid the personals.
But at least now all the newer Love-Hounds have had a good look at
IED's reaction to unfair and abusive criticism of Kate Bush. They
follow in Dana's footsteps forewarned!
     Now, by way of atonement for his over-emotional behaviour over
the last few days, IED has transcribed the following for all Kate-fans'
enjoyment: