Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest

From: John M. Relph <relph@presto.ig.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 1988 12:30:11 PST
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest

>I bought XTC's Drums and Wires on CD, and was rather surprised to find
>out HOW different it is from the LP I bought.  The track list was roughly
>the same as the LP, with "Life Begins at the Hop" and "Making PLans for Nigel"
>swapped.  12 tracks total.  But then I put the CD into my player, and the
>display claimed to have 14 tracks.  Everywhere the tracks were listed, it
>claimed 12 tracks.  But the machine said 14.  Interesting.  Then I played
>it.  Everything was as expected, until track 3.  LBATH was replaced by a
>song that has the chorus "Day in, Day out".  Hmmm.  Then, farther in, an
>extra track was slipped in (I forget where...  I don't have it with me).
>And then, after "Complicated Game" (which I expected to be the last track),
>was a song that I assume is called "Chain of Command" (I really don't know
>WHAT the songs are actually called, since they weren't listed *anywhere*).

The three extra songs are called "Day In, Day Out", "Limelight", and
"Chain of Command".  They are from the free singles originally
included with both the American and English vinyl albums.  There are
actually a bunch of different versions of the vinyl, too, some with
LBATH and some without.

>  Is this CD a rarity?

I think all the _D&W_ CDs are the same, so it's no rarity.  Just
strange.  LBATH is available on the CD _The Compact XTC: Singles
1978-85_.  Sort of a _Waxworks_ with a few extra.

	-- John
P.S. Just what is zaphod's real email address anyway?  wwu.edu not found.