Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Various things... Kate Bush (of course) and XTC

From: voodoo jazz acid noise hippy <ZAPHOD@wwu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 88 16:43 PST
Subject: Various things... Kate Bush (of course) and XTC

Someone asked about the availability of the Hammersmith Odeon video...
I just went down to my local video rental place (not the ones you find
at the local 7-11.  Go to the kind that actually SELLS equipment) and
ordered it.  It took a week to come in, and it cost me around $20.

Well worth it, too.

I bought XTC's Drums and Wires on CD, and was rather surprised to find
out HOW different it is from the LP I bought.  The track list was roughly
the same as the LP, with "Life Begins at the Hop" and "Making PLans for Nigel"
swapped.  12 tracks total.  But then I put the CD into my player, and the
display claimed to have 14 tracks.  Everywhere the tracks were listed, it
claimed 12 tracks.  But the machine said 14.  Interesting.  Then I played
it.  Everything was as expected, until track 3.  LBATH was replaced by a
song that has the chorus "Day in, Day out".  Hmmm.  Then, farther in, an
extra track was slipped in (I forget where...  I don't have it with me).
And then, after "Complicated Game" (which I expected to be the last track),
was a song that I assume is called "Chain of Command" (I really don't know
WHAT the songs are actually called, since they weren't listed *anywhere*).

The CD was an import (the only way I know of to get it on CD), on Virgin,
and I paid $18 for it, which is pretty much what I've paid for all my XTC
import CDs (Black Sea, English Settlement, White Music).  Is this CD a rarity?
I asked the people behind the counter, and they had no idea.

So...  We're going to have to wait until APRIL for KBVI?  Why in Kate's name
do we have to wait that long?  I was under the impression that it was ready
to go...  Is it because she isn't quite ready to promote it?  Well, hell,
I know that ALL of us Love-Hounds would buy it anyway, promotion or not.
I'm getting quite desparate.  There isn't enough Kate music in this world.

and and and...  I want more b-sides...  it's frustrating to know that there
is music out there that she has recorded and I HAVEN'T HEARD.

and she must tour...  MUST tour...

I suppose the only appropriate thing to say at this point is a simple

		KATE BUSH IS GOD

violently anxious for KBVI,

zaphod

P.S.  The Dreaming may be the only album that exists, but that's NO REASON
for her not to put out any more pale reflections.