Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _ne_t'enfuis_pas_; Trio bulgarKa on american television

From: raspail!steve@shamash.cdc.com (Steve Schonberger)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 88 21:43:30 CDT
Subject: Re: _ne_t'enfuis_pas_; Trio bulgarKa on american television

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: _ne_t'enfuis_pas_; Trio bularKa on american television

IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU (Andrew Marvick) writes:

>      You saw the video of the song _Hounds_of_Love_ on MTV?
> Must have been the one time they showed it, then, because it's
> the first IED has heard that they showed any videos of Kate's
> other than _Running_Up_That_Hill_ (the Wogan Show lip-synch version
> four times and the official video three times), _Cloudbusting_
> (once) and _Experiment_IV_ (four times over two days).

The only Kate Bush video I have seen on any video program (I'm
almost certain it was MTV) was of _The Big Sky_.

I saw it in summer of 1986 at a friend's house.  I watched two
or three hours of MTV at their house, which was most of my video
watching for that year.  The many times I watched the tape of
_Kate Bush Live at the Hammersmith Odeon_ while I rented it was
also a fair share of my video watching.

I'm surprised that as little as I've seen of video programs I've
still seen a Kate Bush video that IED hasn't seen.

>                                                    As opposed to
> the four-hundred-thousand-two-hundred-eighty-seven times they've
> shown "Whitesnake"'s latest video. The bastards.

This sort of thing is the main reason I have seen so little of video
programs like those on empty-V.

	Steve Schonberger
	steve@raspail.uucp	raspail!steve@shamash.cdc.com
	...!uunet!rosevax!shamash!rapail!steve