Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MUSICA IMPACT TYPICAL

From: bradley!pwh@uiucdcs.cs.uiuc.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 12 Dec 88 16:19:37 CST (Mon)
Subject: MUSICA IMPACT TYPICAL

This is a letter I got from the "moderator" of MUSICA IMPACT.
It should be clear from this whether or not you really want to
get involved....

Full-name: S. Yano
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 88 11:22:54 PST
From: hplabs!well!okay (S. Yano)

                    HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON !!!

     The  good  news is that we have been getting  excellent  and
informative   reponses  from  our  participants.      I  am  very
enthusiastic about the direction MUSICA IMPACT is heading,  and I
sincerely  hope that you feel the same.    Your feedback would be
much appreciated.

     FUTURE  PLANS:     The distribution list will later serve as
the   foundation  for  private  inter-communication   among   all
correspondents.    MUSICA  IMPACT will not be public in the  near
future!      I  anticipate  a editor-less  communication  system.
This  will be achieved by distributing the  distribution  program
itself  to each active participant.
     Thus, by using this program, each correspondent can send his
contribution   directly  to  others.      A  reply  by  an  other
correspondent,  again  using  the  program,  can  be  immediately
communicated to the rest of the group.
     This  is the real meaning of >> interactive communication <<
and  the purpose of MUSICA IMPACT.    This will unify  the  group
electronically and socially.

     Therefore, we shall continue to adhere to our policy:

          *  Only active participants are retained
                on the distribution list.
          *  Lurkers get purged.

     Our  existence  and  essence  shall  always  be  based  upon
interaction  and  sharing of responses to phenomenal  alternative
music.     This  is  one  vital  reason  why  MUSICA  IMPACT   is
distributed  to  your personal mailbox.   Getting  your  personal
response  is  of  the utmost importance.    MUSICA  IMPACT  truly
relies on your contribution.

     We  would  like  to  support  and  disseminate  high-quality
contributing  articles.     The  music  out  there  is  vast  and
exciting.    The key to this arcane territory hopefully is MUSICA
IMPACT.

     Let's keep it going...    Thanks very much.

                    Looking forward to your reply,

                         Sed

Note the attitude that regular contribution is more important than
anything else.  I am going to write and ask how the hell he expects
to "disseminate" articles, if they are only written by people who
are intensely familiar with 4AD projects/products.  And more importantly
what good is a "key to this arcane territory" if it's only available to
people who ALREADY HAVE THE KEY.

(if you can't tell, I'm pretty disgusted with this pseudo-newslist)