Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: bradley!bucc2!pwh@uiucdcs.cs.uiuc.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 88 17:55:54 CST

>Subject: 4AD & commercials
>From: mem@zinn.MV.COM (Mark E. Mallett)
>
>Speaking of 4AD, some time ago someone (from "well", methinks)
>wrote of a 4AD electronic mailing list.  I sent to the subscription
>address but never heard anything.  Was it a hoax?

Nope, it's not a hoax.  I think that they do take a while in replying.
One of the system guys (sorry fred, but I don't know your title) at
our site wrote them and we got an issue, along with a lot of stuff about
how subscribers are expected to participate very actively or they
are deleted from the list.  Fred set up an aliased distribution list
and they didn't like the idea too well....I've sent in one submission,
and fred has sent a couple, one of which came back saying "Please give
more personal insights and opinions please."

They seem to be pretty damn picky to me--When I have an opinion, I'll
express it, but it can be pretty difficult to express an opinion if
you aren't yet familiar enough with 4AD stuff to have one.....

I'm glad that *this* newsletter tolerates lurkers--it helps spread the
word of KaTe!