Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Laibach

From: unet!zippy!dholz@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Donald Schuerholz)
Date: 30 Nov 88 21:23:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Laibach
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I don't know MUCH about Laibach, other than they are loud
and scarey, which is what I like.  And judging from the recent
Beatles cover album (yes, this is thier latest release), they
also have a great sense of humor, and don't take themselves as
seriously as I had previously guessed.  Their cover of "Get Back"
is really a scream!  There are also at least two other full
albums in print, not including the "Life Is Life" EP.

According to the San Francisco Cronicle last week, Laibach is
tentatively scheduled for a North American tour sometime early
next year (Feb-Mar?) -- so keep your eyes out on the club circuit
in the major cities.

Also, if you like Laibach, you may also want to check out a band
called Borghesia, who also hail from Yugoslovia (at least I think
they do), and sound loud & scarey too, although they are a bit
more danceable than Laibach.

Claude Maul
KFJC 89.7 fm
Los Altos Hills, California