Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Update on EMI b-sides compilation

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 88 12:58 PST
Subject: Update on EMI b-sides compilation

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

     Well, there's good news and bad news. IED has received an expectedly
brief reply to a typically lengthy letter which he had written to EMI in
London a couple of weeks ago, concerning the organization of a b-sides
compilation disk. Here is the text of the reply:

Dear Andrew,
     Thank you for your interesting and well researched letter
regarding Kate Bush.
     We have no immediate plans of rushing out a compilation
similar to the one you are suggesting as we are expecting some
new product from Kate in the near future.
     I will however keep your letter close to hand because we will,
I hope, put out this type of retrospective in the future.
     Once again, many thanks for your well considered input.
                               Kind regards,

                               Steve Davis
                               Product Manager
                               EMI Records (UK)
                               20 Manchester Square
                               London W1A 1ES
                               Telephone 01-486-4488

     More or less a typical form letter, but the wording leaves
open the possibility that some of the singles might still be
considered for re-release in CD-single form. Also, of course,
one wonders whether EMI actually _believe_ that Kate's new
album is nearly ready for release, or whether that's just
a line they're feeding the public. Surely they couldn't
be naive enough to think she's nearly finished the album?