Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is "Live at the Hammersmith" available in Hi Fi Video?

From: ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (R. Bhatnagar)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 88 01:50:53 EST
Subject: Is "Live at the Hammersmith" available in Hi Fi Video?
Posted-Date: Sun, 27 Nov 88 01:50:53 EST

I guess the subject line says it all.  I'll probably end up buying
it anyway, but I'd like to know if there exists a VHS Hi-Fi version
of the Hammersmith Odeon video, or if the edition I've seen in stores
is really Hi-Fi even though it doesn't say so on the box.  If not, why
on earth not?

I have the Hi-Fi video of The Whole Story - but it's disappointing.
Many of the songs were recorded with a lot of hiss; the tape is full
of dropouts that sound like someone rubbing a balloon; and (I'm
willing to argue about this!) many of the videos are embarassingly
crummy anyway.  My advice: stick to the audio version.  (Though it
might be worth the $25 for 'Wuthering Heights,' 'Cloudbusting,'
'Hounds of Love,' and 'The Big Sky' [not on the audio versions].)

	- Ranjit

"Trespassers w"   ranjit@eniac.seas.upenn.edu	mailrus!eecae!netnews!eniac!...
If you throw a rock into the night and something barks, you know you hit a dog.