Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 88 16:34 PST
Subject: MisK.

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

     IED apologizes for posting too much. That seems to him, however,
a milder transgression than _posting_bloody_nothing_at_all_ for _seven_
_weeks_, as our aptly titled pseudo-moderator has done. For the record,
it's quite well known that others have offered on numerous
occasions to take over the job of cleaning up and distributing
some or all of L-Hs for Doug, but even getting him to put the
group back on _auto-pilot_ took weeks and weeks of coaxing. "Humble"
pseudo-moderator indeed!

 > I recently started reading this group, and I am now a "fan".
 > Please, I'm curious to know about her love life.  She writes
 > love songs so well!
 >
 > -- Vivian
 >    tsou@orville.nas.nasa.gov

     Well, Vivian, Kate Bush (assuming that's who you're asking
about) has had a very stable relationship with Del Palmer, her bass
player, rhythm programmer, demo engineer and part-time cover-art
painter, since soon after they met, ca. 1974-76. They are not
married, but apparently they're "as good as."  Kate has no plans
to have children in the near future. Aside from that, she has
said that she "enjoys sex," but that's about all anyone (outside
her immediate circle of friends and relations) knows about her
real-life "love life." Unless you count Kate's longstanding
passionate personal involvement with our pseudo-moderator...
     Although she has been with Del for many years, she took
pains to conceal the relationship from the public and press until
the release of _Hounds_of_Love_ in 1985. She first appeared
"with" Del at the laser-show launch of the album in London that
autumn; and all her apprehension about the possibility of crass,
gossip-mongering press (apparently the main reason for her keeping
the relationship private for such a long time) proved fully
justified: the press were incredibly nasty and sleazy toward
poor Del, who IED knows from personal conversation is an
_extremely_ decent guy. Don't count on seeing more "coming out"
parties for Kate and Del! Kate's comments on the press's
treatment of Del are among the very few in which she has
allowed real annoyance to show.

-- Andrew Marvick