Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A rebuttal

From: Douglas Weiman <WEIMAN@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 88 15:33:49 PST
Subject: A rebuttal

> To the person (humble apologies for forgetting your name) who asked if
> anyone else thought Ne T'Enfuis Pas was Kate's greatest work: sorry, I
> like it, but it has no "depth" - the tracks I love are those in which
> you can constantly discover something new in the lyrics. . .

To set the record straight, I didn't say that T'Enfuis Pas was Kate's
greatest work (I am not some kind of extremist), I said it was the
best thing that *anyone* has ever recorded at *any* point in history.

There is more emotion in the lyrics, the melody, and the undermusic
of this song than in anything I can think of.  Because it is not in
English, many people may shrug it off, but people who explore it more
fully will find that it has more "depth" than any of her other works.

I stand by my original statement. . .

Douglas Weiman
(WEIMAN@SRI-NIC.ARPA)

-------