Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HELP

From: Detlef Richter <uph002%ddohrz11.bitnet@gaffa>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 88 16:22 MET
Subject: HELP
Posted-Date: Wed, 12 Oct 88 16:22 MET

Lately I've got three CDs by Ofra Haza here in Germany.  She is a
fascinating, beautiful person, but to my opinion completely different
from Kate. I can only give You the german 'order number' (if this is
the correct english term), but perhaps this will help You.  CD 1: Ofra
Haza, Shaday, # 243845-2
                         8.26841       by TELDEC
      This is an oriental pop-mix of the original yemenite songs
      including "Galbi" and "I'm nin 'alu".
CD 2: Ofra Haza, Yemenite Songs, EFA 06115
                                  26  CD
      by AUSFAHRT REC. in Germany or EARTHBEAT (I don't know
      whether it's a label or not.)
      The address: Ausfahrt Rec.
                   Muehlenhof 18
                   D-4802 Halle
                   Germany
                   Tel.: (Germany)-5201/70415
      This is the original music incl. "GALBI".
      "Galbi means 'my heart'. This song was written 30 years ago
       by Yemenite poet and singer Aharon Amram, and is one of
       the most popular street songs. 'My heart loves freedom, don't
       stop me form being free'. These are the words of a young woman
       trying to get her love to reciprocate her feelings for him.
       He isn't even aware of her existence." Text on the booklet.
CD 3: 3"-single of "I'm nin'alu", three different versions.
      Ofra Haza, IM NIN'ALU, 8.20884XS  by TELDEC

All records have got highlights, but the original version is the best
to me. The pop versions are very interesting, too.
I hope that this will help You, but I haven't heard it often enough
to make a complete judgement.I would like to hear if I have helped
and what You think of the other songs.

                                      Bye
                                          Detlef
* Detlef Richter    uph002@ddohrz11    earn