Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Danielle Dax!

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 88 12:07:45 EST
Subject: Danielle Dax!
Posted-Date: Thu, 10 Nov 88 12:07:45 EST

You knew it had to happen, and it finally has: a domestic Danielle Dax
record has been issued!  It's called "Dark Adapted Eye" and is the
oddest collection of tracks.  I only have the CD version, so I can't
say too much about the vinyl except to mention that it has only nine
songs.  The CD has a whopping 19 and runs 70 minutes.  Included is all
of Inky Bloaters, except for the song "Born To Be Bad" which was
replaced with "Yummer Yummer Man".  Also included are "Bed Caves"
(from Pop-Eyes) and "Hammerheads" and "Pariah" from Jesus Egg That
Wept.  But wait there's more!  The entire Cat-House 12" single is
present, as well as two new tracks: "White Knuckle Ride" and
"Whistling For His Love" (actually, I lied.  "Whistling" is not
strictly new, but the only other place it exists is a rare Japanese
disc, and this version is completely new.)  Sound quality overall is
awesome, much better than the aforementioned japanese disc.  I assume
that the purpose of this disc is to introduce american audiences to
the incredible Ms. Dax.  I applaud this decision.  The disc is very
nicely presented - great cover art, up to the usual Holly Warburton
standard, and the lyrics sheet is nice too.  The best thing was the
price - only $11.98!  Buy it now, and get one for a friend too, since
Dax is great and needs your support.  Oh yeah, it also has "When I Was
Young" on it - another 12" b-side.

Jon Drukman                      University of Massachusetts
BITNET: jsd@umass                ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
"He's a dirty little bugger with his brains on the run..." -- Danielle Dax