Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

apology/correction

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 88 11:50:42 EDT
Subject: apology/correction
Posted-Date: Sat, 1 Oct 88 11:50:42 EDT

Ooops... Sorry for reposting the WSI quiz - that was supposed to be
local only, but it slipped out somehow.

And :>oug, Kate is now on EMI/Manhattan, not CBS.  They are releasing
her albums in funky boxes with stickers on the front that say "The
Treasury Series".

      [	That's "|>oug" -- not ":>oug"!  Get it right!  Kate's stuff
	that has already been released is on EMI/Manhattan (in the US
	-- it used to be EMI-America, but EMI-America merged with
	Manhattan).  Her new stuff will be on CBS (in the US).
	-- |>oug ]

IED is right - the Sugarcubes are good, but not very imaginative.  I
wouldn't call them the most imaginative band working today because
that's just blatantly untrue.  But I can tell that if I open up this
can of worms it will never be shut again.  Personally I consider
anybody like Skinny Puppy or Severed Heads (or just about every act on
Nettwerk) to be extremely imaginative and groundbreaking.

Jon Drukman                      University of Massachusetts
BITNET: jsd@umass                ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
"Mind over matter, mouth in motion, can't defy it cos I'll never be
 quiet let's start this!" -- Public Enemy