Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest

From: dhsu@SUN.COM (David Hsu)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 88 20:02:01 PDT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest
Posted-Date: Mon, 12 Sep 88 20:02:01 PDT

Apologies for the disjoint nature of this submission.  Just comments
this time.

>From: Major Kano <mch%VAX1.COMPUTING-MATHS.CARDIFF.AC.UK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

>> [Wonko gripes:] Kate Bush is aligator piss...

> What a load of 680XX machine code. KT may not be Lemmy or John
> Cyriss, but she's a pretty good singer.

Pardon me for being a computer geek here in Love-hounds, Martin, but WHAT do
you have against 68k's?

> Can someone please tell me the origin of the word 'Organon' in
> "Cloudbusting" and 'Delius' from the song of the same name. Thanks
> in advance,
>						Lisa Hitchings

Despite |>oug's remarks, it's well known amongst musicians that Delius
lived only to provide music historians with an excuse to use the word
"amanuensis", particularly with reference to Eric Fenby.

> From: marq@APPLE.COM (Marq Laube)
> Subject: Re: Watching You Without Me -- Hidden Messsages and the Like

> Also, is anyone else as impressed as I am with Jane Siberry?

Probably not.  Although I rather like her goofy, lightweight style, it
just isn't in the same league as Kate's stuff.  Of course it's true, I
just told you so.

> From: fedeva!gmw8868@sm.unisys.com
> Subject: Re: K T    N  E  W  S

> Lionheart for $23 at a little store called "Rooks and Becords"
> (Import).  Why such a price differance?

Beats me.  If anything, this is patently bogus: when EMI/America
released "Lionheart" domestically, they did it by repacking the
european release, unchanged, in `American' paper boxes, with a little
oval sticker indicating that the disc within was made overseas.  It is
(or at least was) the same disc, down to having the wrong licensing
info (i.e. BIEM instead of ASCAP).  Sounds to me like your record
store pulled a fast one.

> From: glasser@SRC.HONEYWELL.COM (Joshua Glasser)

> did you know that that a picture of me on the _Never Forever_ album
> cover?

I dunno.  Do you look like the picture in your signature?

> From: dan@rna (Dan Ts'o)
> Subject: Re: Our Ladies Image

>	If anyone wants them (or requests others to be digitized),
> just let me know. I could make them available via FTP.

Wow!  Dan "Audio" Ts'o reads L-H!  And yeah, I'd be interested in
FTP'ing your imagefiles.

Lastly, from the net:

> Re: acn@caen.engin.umich.edu (Jon Brode) on All Things Must Pass CD...
> in rec.music.beatles:

>> I know some companies are fixing up the disks they screwed up, Dark
>> Side of the Moon and Hounds of Love (Pink Floyd & Kate Bush
>> respectively) are being re-released.

Anybody else heard anything about this?  And what was the final deal
with Kate's North American contract?  Is she still on EMI, or CBS as
somebody mentioned way back when?  (I wonder if that was another April
1st thing).

-dave