Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Progressive CDs

From: tmoyer@TEKNOWLEDGE-VAXC.ARPA (Tomi Moyer)
Date: 12 Sep 88 15:39:58 GMT
Subject: Progressive CDs
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I have a friend who has been searching for some hard-to-find CDs.  I am
posting the following message at his request:

	I have been looking far and wide for a CD by an Australian
	progressive-rock group called Windchase.  The name of the disc
	is _Sinfinity_.  All I know about the band (and the CD) is
	that they were an offshoot of a group called Sebastien Hardie,
	and that the disc is available in Japan.  If anyone could
	locate a copy of this disc for me, I would gladly pay them a
	finder's fee!

        I am also very curious to hear from you progressive-rock
	phreeks about the possible existence of a few other titles:
	anything at all by Ash Ra Temple, Ashra, or Manuel Gottsching;
	anything by Steve Hillage other than the four titles currently
	available (in particular, I am dying to find _Green_, _Open_,
	_For_to_Next_, _And_Not_Or_, and _Live_Herald_); Camel has a
	few titles that I am interested in tracking down, such as
	_Breathless_, _Rain_Dances_, _Mirage_, _A_Live_Record_, and
	their first album (self-titled); Gong also has a few titles
	that I would like to find: _You_, _Angel's_Egg_, and
	_Gong_Live_, etc.; if there are any hard-core Daevid Allen
	fans out there, I am also looking for any information on him
	and his masterful works, especially
	_Now_is_the_Happiest_Time_of_Your_Life_.

	Thanks in advance for any/all leads!

						Tony Gordon
					(Work)  (415) 494-2800 x242
					(Home)	(415) 323-4834
Tomi F. Moyer
Internet:  tmoyer@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
uucp    :  {uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl|uw-beaver}!tmoyer%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa