Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sinead O'Connor 12" for Mandinka

From: bradley!bucc2!frodo@A.CS.UIUC.EDU (Pete Hartman)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 88 23:08:34 CDT
Subject: Sinead O'Connor 12" for Mandinka
Posted-Date: Wed, 24 Aug 88 23:08:34 CDT

A couple months ago, someone mentioned that there was a CD single out
for Mandinka, which had an unreleased track on it.  I had assumed that
there would also be a 12" out with the same songs, and went to my
local record store to order it.  I live in backwater Peoria, IL, but
they have had some pretty up-to-date stuff there for a while, so I
assumed that if it was available, they'd be able to get it.

Well, it's been 2 or 3 months now and I just talked to the owner for
the umpth time about this and he said basically he can't find anyone
who has it, not even their imports source.

Can anyone tell me if this record even exists??  I don't have a CD
player yet, and it looks like at least 6 more months before I'll be
able to afford one, so I'd like to go ahead and get this on vinyl, IF
it exists....  And if it does, could you also give me a possible
source???  Thanks in advance....

			...uiucdcs\
Pete Hartman		.....ihnp4 >!bradley!bucc2!frodo
			......cepu/

      [	There is definitely a 12-inch single of Mandinka.  You could
	try calling up Second Coming Records in Manhattan or in
	Cambridge, MA to get more info.  I don't know if they do mail
	order.  -- |>oug ]