Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest

From: Robert Stanzel <rps@APOLLO.COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 88 16:41:13 EDT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest
Posted-Date: Sat, 6 Aug 88 16:41:13 EDT

    From: Kari Haug <haug%si.uninett@TOR.NTA.NO>
    Subject: Ultravox-mania

    5. I haven't heard anything about John Foxx for ages, so I
       don't know if we will get another solo-album from him.

The last I saw of him was when he wrote and produced half of Anne
Clark's 1985 album "Pressure Point".  Frankly, he can stay hidden as
far as I'm concerned -- if he came out with anything more I'd be
tempted to buy it just to confirm how bad it was.

(John Foxx split off from Ultravox after their third album, and did
two amazingly great solo albums, then one good though much more "pop"
album, and then a final, empty, bland, "pop" album in 1984.  Along the
way, he released a zillion excellent b-sides.  Still waiting for the
good stuff to appear on CD...)

"He's young again -- nineteen again"
Rob Stanzel	rps@apollo.com || ...eddie!apollo!rps