Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CD's and happiness

From: "William M. Bumgarner" <wb1j+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 88 00:40:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: CD's and happiness
Posted-Date: Thu, 4 Aug 88 00:40:51 -0400 (EDT)

on Kate Bush;
  After reading this board, I decided to get all the KBush I could get
on CD.  I now have all but LionHeart on CD... thank you, they are all
quite good.

on Soft Cell;
  I managed to finally get a copy here, and have another coming from
Colorado.  I also found a disc listed as Soft Cell-- _Singles;
1981-1985_... I should have it in a few weeks and will post here if
enough are interested, mail me if you want to make sure you get a
reply.  Hopefully it will have the B'Side of "Tainted Love" on it;
"Where has Our Love Gone"-- excellent track.

on Eurythmics;
  I should have their first album, _In The Garden_, on CD in a few
weeks...  I managed to pick up the "Pie Tin" release of the single "I
Need a Man" on CD; rare, and neat.

on Marillion;
  I managed to find _B'Sides Themselves_ on CD.  Excellent.  Will have
_Misplaced Childhood_, _Fugazi_, and _Script of a Jester's Tears_
(sic.) on CD soon.  _Clutching at Straws_ easily makes the top five
CD's that I own (over 175 at the moment).  If you don't have it, get
it.  If you do, know it/read the lyrics/think about it/sit back and
enjoy it.

on the Cure;
  Thanks to Nancy Everson for getting me interested in the Cure.  She
is an incredible resource (and a real fun person to talk to).  I got
the Top.  Excellent CD... if you liked the drums on Pornography, get
the Top; the drums are intense, and the melodies are much more
obvious/listenable/audible.

Thanks to all that replied.  My addiction to CD's is becoming harder
and harder to satisfy, I'm sure I will need your help again.  I would
be quite willing to help whenever I can....

Thanks again,
b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu