Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Proposal

From: Steve Blair spar!ascway!scb@decwrl.dec.com <spar!ascway!scb@DECWRL.DEC.COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 88 08:30:06 PDT
Subject: Kate Proposal
Posted-Date: Wed, 3 Aug 88 08:30:06 PDT

Seems like there's a lot of interest in seeing Kate live. I for one
after seeing the Peter Gabriel "Don't give Up" video with her (yum!!)
would also like to see her live somewhere in the USA. My SO thinks I'm
crazy, but I've got a proposal perhaps |>oug can handle:

Since |>oug has spoken with here over the years, why not invite here
to perform for a small group of Katedevotees (e.g.: all of us on this
list). We could each throw-in $30-50.00 each which should cover
expenses.  Have it somewhere convient to her to get to. Then we could
dine with here after the preformance and show here some of the USA's
interesting underbelly scene.

Think about it folks, |>oug could get it fixed-up I bet and we'd all
win...

steve blair

spar!ascway!scb@decwrl.dec.com

      [	I'm sorry to break the bad news, but I haven't spoken to
	Kate over the years.  I talked to her twice in 1985.  Once
	for half an hour and once for a couple of minutes.  There's
	absolutely no chance that she'd come to to the U.S. just to do
	a little concert for us, and only a slightly larger chance
	that she'll ever answer a letter I write her.  Such are the
	unfortuante realities of big stars.  -- |>oug ]