Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Kick Inside Original Cover

From: decvax!cg-atla!dsmith@trantor.UMD.EDU (Dave Smith )
Date: 23 Jun 88 21:31:32 GMT
Subject: The Kick Inside Original Cover
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

  While reading through the extended chronological account of Kate
Bush's musical career posted a while back, I noticed something
interesting.  This involves the "original" cover of _The Kick Inside_
as opposed to the US version of the cover.  The US version I
understand is called the "Tammy Wynette" cover (I guess because of her
country appearance on the cover).  This is the copy I have, and the
only cover that I have ever seen.

  Is the UK (or non-US) version different?  What does it look like?

						David Smith

      [	The UK version of the album is Kate's original cover.  For
	some reason unkown to me, many countries that pressed
	their own issues of *The Kick Inside* decided not to use the
	original cover.  The U.S., Candian, and Japanese version all
	have different covers.  The original cover has Kate, painted
	gold, attached to a Kite and flying by this huge, colorful
	eyeball.  -- |>oug ]