Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: here's a question...

From: pedsga!lae@ATHENA.MIT.EDU (Leslie Ann Ellis)
Date: 31 Mar 88 22:35:05 GMT
Subject: Re: here's a question...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

[From the Love-Hounds delay queue: -- |>oug]

> Does anyone know exactly where the cover photograph for _The Joshua
> Tree_ was taken?  For that matter, if you compare the two, you'll
> notice that the cover `photo' on the Bloom County _Billy and the
> Boingers Bootleg_ collection was taken at the same spot, and is not
> the same photograph.

I was under the impression that Billy and the Boingers (love that
song!)  are supposed to be a spoof of head-banging types.  I concluded
that the cover "photo" on the Billy and the Boingers Bootleg was also
a spoof, here of _The Joshua Tree_ album cover.  Correct me if I'm
wrong.

BTW, what does gaffa mean?

      [	"Gaffa" means "gaffer's tape" (i.e. duct tape). -- |>oug ]

Thanks.
*           Kent for President.  It's our Birthright!             *
*          This has been a Public Service Announcement.           *