Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sinead and new Kate CD

From: CSWEET%WPI.BITNET@husc6.harvard.edu
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 88 18:09:46 est
Subject: Sinead and new Kate CD

        The Sinead O'Connor Cd single is quite good. There are two
tracks that are on the album - Mandinka and Drink Before The War. The
Dub/instrumental mix of Mandinka is pretty good, around 6 minutes
long. The only vocals on the track is Sinead singing the word
'mandinka' every now and then but there are some interesting sound
effects here and there. The fourth song, previously unreleased, is
called 'Still Listening' and is quite good. In fact I feel that its
better than a couple of songs on the album, namely 'Never Get Old' and
'Just call me joe'

        There is also a Kate interview CD out now, with about 35
minutes which includes two interviews. This is SUPPOSED to be a
limited edition of 2500. The highlight of the disc is the beautiful
picture of Kate thats silkscreened onto the disc. The name of the
company doesn't appear anywheres but the catalog number is ABCD 18 (I
think thats the number but not sure, I don't have the disc here with
me. The name is correct though.) The disc is in the series with the
yellow cover packing (I've also seen U2, Depeche Mode, and Sisters Of
Mercy in this series).