Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello fellow Bush wackers!!

From: JONES%RPICICGE.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 88 12:18:51 EDT
Subject: Hello fellow Bush wackers!!

Hello there!
  I recently purchased the Spring '88 issue of HOMEGROUND, and saw
your computer address in the magazine.  So, being a loyal Kate fan
myself, I decided to write!
  Let me give you a brief background of myself.  My name is Deb
Wentorf, I'm 26, and I work as a computer operator for Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute (RPI, that is) in Troy, New York; hence, I have
easy access to the computer systems!
  I first became acquainted with Kate's wonderful music while I was in
college.  I went to SUNY Potsdam, which is very close to the Canadian
border.  Kate was HUGE in Canada; I distinctly remember hearing such
goodies as "Wuthering Heights", "The Dreaming", "Babooshka", and "Sat
In Your Lap" on CHEZ106-FM, from Ottowa.  After leaving college, I met
a guy who worked with my dad who was another big Bush fan, and that
started the ball rolling (...rolling the ball to me...).  I was
hooked.  Through him (he got record lists through the mail), I was
able to pick up her boxed Single File set for a mere $20.00.  Unheard
of!  Things picked up quickly after that, I now have all her material
on both vinyl and CD (I say MOST material....all except some of the
B-side singles, anyway).  I also have four videos...the two
commercially produced ones (Whole Story and Hammersmith) and also
bootlegs from her Christmas show with Gabriel and also a tape of her
Single File material. (I picked up the bootleg for about $25, instead
of paying $150 for the original Japanese version).
  I think I've rambled on enough.  Please tell me a little about
YOURself.  My electronic mail address: JONES@RPICICGE.BITNET.
  Happy reading and writing!  Looking forward to hearing from you
(all?)  soon!!!!!
                                     Best wishes,
                                       Deb Wentorf