Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Thomas Dolby CDs

From: jw@math.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 88 18:46:22 EST
Subject: Thomas Dolby CDs

   Someone recently commented on differences between the final US
vinyl version of _Golden_Age_of_Wireless_ (the one incorporating songs
from the later _Blinded_by_Science_ EP) and the CD version s/he had
bought. I am unable to help, but I did have a question or two along
the same lines.
   In BCD yesterday, I had a look at the TMDolbyR recordings on offer,
and found the _Wireless_ CD alluded to, and also a "Jap import
incredible sound" (that's what the price tag said) pressing of
_The_Flat_Earth_. Now, I'd like to have both of these albums on CD,
but I'd much prefer to have the original song order (starting with
_Europa_) of _Wireless_, and the "incredible" price tag read $32.50.
   Anyone seen a UK or European import of _Wireless_? Anyone seen a
reasonable sounding, reasonably priced copy of _Flat_Earth_?

   Thanks
   Julian