Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Various K-Things

From: Brian Scarlett <scarlett@watdcsu.waterloo.edu>
Date: 14 Mar 88 03:00:20 GMT
Subject: Various K-Things
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

All roight...here are the unofficial and highly subjective results of
comparing the import and domestic versions of HofL cds:

      1) There is very little difference (read:none)
      2) There is very little difference (read:none)
      3) and finally, there is very little difference

The import version may have a tad more volume but in general, the
levels of hiss, the balance of the mix and all those other good things
are the same.

Please bear in mind that I am very hard of hearing :)

With regards as to which version to buy: I like the packaging of the
import better (particularly the little booklet layout) and of course,
as an added bonus, you get the credit error ('THe Holy Grail/Coming of
Arthur' snafu) and a few more Ninth Wave pictures.  BTW, all of the
discs I listened to were made in Japan.

Locally, the import sells (sold by now) for a few dollars more than
the domestic release.

(For those interested, listening was done with a Denon CD player,
Cyrus ][/psx amp and Mission Argonaut speakers/Stax headphones)

On a totally unrelated note, I finally managed to get the Under the
Ivy Bush bootleg at an insane price.  Now all I need is a record
player.

It's not just music, it's an addiction!

--
The more I think about sex, the better it gets          B. Scarlett
Here we have a purpose in life.                         U. of Waterloo