Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

swami anand nagara

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 88 10:17:31 EST
Subject: swami anand nagara

>Yes, the question is, who IS Swami Ananda Nagara?  He is credited with
>producing the Dukes of Stratosphear's _25 O'Clock_ and a couple of
>songs off of The Woodentops' _Well Well Well..._.
>    -- John

Swami Anand Nagara is another name for John Leckie, who you may recall
produced XTC's first two albums.  Apparently he is also a real swami
(I wonder what it takes to become one) and so when it says (on the
back cover of 25 O'Clock) "Produced with love by John Leckie, Swami
Anand Nagara and the Dukes" the first two names refer to the same
person.
Jon Drukman                        BITNET: jsd@umass
209-C2 McNamara                   ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
University Of Massachusetts           (or) jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
Amherst, MA  01003                  PHONE: 413-546-4262
"With love from China" - SPK