Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I apparently can't mail directly to Love-Hounds anymore.

From: "V70NL::ROSSI" <rossi%v70nl.decnet@nusc.arpa>
Date: 17 Feb 88 11:44:00 EST
Subject: I apparently can't mail directly to Love-Hounds anymore.

1.  I'd be willing to think seriously about going to England if given enough
    planning time.

2.  I tried to post my response to Nancy previously, however I apparently
    no longer know how to address mail to Love-Hounds anymore... Dave Hsu
    is correct in the assertion that if you want a piano you really have to
    get a piano.  Kurzweils are close but not the same thing.  More
    seriously, I am the wrong person to ask about this sort of thing.  I
    have bounced back and forth between support of serious MIDI setups and
    support for old analog patching synths and I think this may be a
    terminal case of schizophrenia.  However, my suggestions in rank order
    for reasonably full featured MIDI snths are ...

	1.  Kawai K5 (now available for about $1200)
	2.  Oberheim Matrix-12 (still too expensive, however)
	3.  Oberheim Matrix-12 (now available for about $900)
	4.  Yamaha DX7-IIs (now available for about $1100)
	5.  Ensoniq ESQ-1 (now available for about $900)
	3.  Oberheim Matrix-6 (correction for 3, above)
	6.  Kawai K3 (now available for about $750)
	7.  Yamaha Pf-25 (piano only, but not too bad : $1300)

    For reasons I won't go into here, I am mot overly impressed with the
    new Roland products, esp the D-50.  These opinions are mine, however.

John