Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

From: WWU Kate Bush Club founder

From: Piper/Lovecraft in '88 <8344141@wwu.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 88 13:57 PST
Subject: From: WWU Kate Bush Club founder

> Has anyone out there know anything about a band named
> 'Savant'?  I have a 12" single from them put out in 1981, on the
> 'Palace of Lights' label (POL .09|2000). No addresses or city of orgin
> are listed. The band members are
>			K.Leimer - vocal, guitar, synth
>			David Keller - bass, guitar, percussion
>			James Keller - drums, guitar, percussion
>			Marc Barreca - synth
>			Robert Carfberg - percussion

> I like what is on this disc, and would like to hear more. If you have any
> knowledge of them, please reply.

Dave and Jim Keller were the band The Different Ones as recently as
1985, when they recorded a casette on Popllama (PLC507), a Seattle
label.

I have a The Different Ones song on a Popllama compilation album ("12"
Combo (Hold the Anchovies)") called "Don't Forget My Name," and I
think it is fantastic.  Most of the album is fantastic, except for the
songs that have Red Dress members involved.

But then, the songs without Red Dress members all have some
association with the Young Fresh Fellows, who at that time were still
up, coming, and worth looking at.

                                    LAters.