Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mini-review of "Time and Tide" by Basia

From: hadron!inco!jboggs@uunet.UU.NET (John Boggs)
Date: 5 Feb 88 19:00:58 GMT
Subject: Mini-review of "Time and Tide" by Basia
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc, rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.bluenote

I recently heard a song on a local radio station (Washington, DC area)
a very interesting female vocalist.

The song was Time and Tide from the album of the same name.  The
artist was Basia (pronounced Basha), a Polish-born singer working out
of London.  I can't tell you her last name because it's Polish, very
long, virtually unpronounceable and definitely unspellable.

On the basis on one song, I bought the album and was not disappointed
in the least.  The music is fresh, upbeat with a latin flair.  Most of
the music and lyrics were written by Basia and are pretty fresh in
their own right.

I recommend anyone interested in jazz check this lady out.  I found
the album at Kemp Mill Records in Falls Church.
--
John Boggs

McDonnell Douglas - Inco, Inc.
McLean, Virginia, USA