Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-01 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

How to find KT bootlegs

From: IED0DXM@OAC.UCLA.EDU
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 88 13:42 PST
Subject: How to find KT bootlegs

> IED, I would like to know the addresses of these people that you order
> the bootlegs from.  I keep reading about these amazing records, yet I
> have no idea where to start looking.  Unfortunately the town I live in
> doesn't have any record stores that carry bootlegs.

> -- Zap

     Well, Zap, to tell you the truth IED doesn't know who he gets his
bootlegs from! He paid two different dealers by check last week at a
Long Beach, California record swapmeet, for a total of four new
bootleg records, and both dealers asked that the "pay to the order of"
line be left blank on the checks. Of course IED knows some of them by
name, but it's not likely that those are their _real_ names, if you
follow...
     Of course, you can get bootlegs without going to these swapmeets,
but you'll probably pay more. In either case, your best bet in this
country is _Goldmine_ magazine. You have to go through the latest copy
very carefully, keeping an eagle eye out for Kate's name in the myriad
lists that _Goldmine_ publishes each issue. But if you get in the
habit of doing this every week or so, you'll soon start finding what
you're looking for.
     For Kate Bush merchandise of all kinds, the new king of the
business is an English-based dealer named Greg Vandike. The stuff he
has is unbelievable. His prices are quite high, but he does trade, and
he does deal in stuff other than Kate, so if you have anything worth
trading, you should give him a try. He hasn't listed any of the recent
bootlegs among his items, but IED would be very surprised if he didn't
have every bootleg that's ever been available. This guy's collection
is _amazing_. And he's good at dealing with Americans, too. $1.00 to
him will get you his list of Kate merch. for sale, and it's an
interesting read in itself.  His address is:

 Greg Vandike
 225 North Road West
 Plymouth, Devon.
 PL1 5DG
 United Kingdom

     Also check _Goldmine_ for the next record meet in the area
nearest your home. They're listed in each issue, by region of the
country.
     Hope this has been of some help.

-- Andrew Marvick